Friday, April 17, 2020

26A- Celebrating Failure

#1- During this semester I have experienced plenty of failure while struggling through FIN3403. The extraordinarily hard class has certainly provided many opportunities to experience failure as the class is just a nightmare to try and to get through. During the second exam this semester I experienced a heartbreaking failure as I missed my target score by one question, making the rest of the class much harder.

#2- By experiencing this failure I was able to gauge how much I need to improve my study habits to ensure that I do not make a mistake like this again. By learning from this mistake I was able to reform new and better study habits to better fit this insane class. By adapting to this new study pattern I was much more prepared for the final exam for finance that I took today.

#3- I am usually afraid of failure in general. I get very nervous and anxious at the thought of failing anything I have been assigned to do or goals I set for myself. However, I found that I was not nearly as fearful of this exam as I was on the last exam, possibly even helping me study better and perform better on the exam.

3 comments:

  1. Aaron,
    I am currently in FIN3403 so trust me when i say I feel your pain. The class is definitely the most challenging I have taken, but along with the failure as many of us experience is an opportunity to learn and grow. As you said, and similarly to me, I have developed way better study habits and time management because of that class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron! It was really interesting to hear about why this course was something that really woke you up when it comes to bettering your study habits. I think that we've all had that class where we realize that we need to change something, for me that was french. But great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron,
    I can definitely relate to struggling in a class and the feeling of defeat after taking an exam. I know how difficult business finance is, so I understand your nerves and anxieties. At least through all the pain you were able to understand where you had to make improvements and ultimately perform the best you could on the final exam.

    ReplyDelete