Thursday, February 13, 2020

9A- Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

Who?- I have interviewed five members of the community who may not have the need for the automated breaking system I have described in the previous assignments. These individuals range from people who prefer to take public transportation to individuals who do not own motor vehicles.
        Interview 1: My first interview was with Mary, who although she owns a motor vehicle prefers to take the bus or carpool to work.
       Interview 2: The second interview I performed was with Jake a local student at USF who does not own a motor vehicle, and as he lives nearby takes his bike to classes every day.
       Interview 3: The third individual I interviewed was Peter who does not own a motor vehicle and instead prefers to take rides with services such as Uber and Lyft.
      Interview 4: The fourth interview I performed was with Margaret who works from home and such rarely uses her motor vehicle.
      Interview 5: My final interview was with Janet who is a stay at home mother that does not regularly leave the house so that she can take car of her young children.
What?- The need that I have identified seems to conflict with these the needs of these individuals as they do not regularly operate their own motor vehicles and either stay at home or rely on other modes of transportation.
Why?- The needs of these consumers seem to be different from those in the target audience due to their needs being based around not directly driving themselves.

Inside the Boundary
Outside the Boundary
Who? - Drivers who would like the peace of mind an automated braking system could provide.
Who? – Individuals who do not regularly use their own vehicles.
What? – Automated braking system that could be mounted on current and future vehicles to provide a safety net for drivers and pedestrians.
What? – People who do not use their own vehicles and prefer to use public transportation or other means of transportation would not have a need for this product.
Why? – By providing a safety net for drivers in the form of an automated braking system that could be mounted in all current vehicles it could reduce the amount of motor vehicle accidents and distracted driving deaths.
Alternative? – A potential alternative to this issue would be to develop a new version of the automated breaking device for use in public transportation vehicles such as buses.

Summary- The interviews performed in this assignment have provided invaluable information regarding the consumers who exist outside the boundary of the product.  This information will allow me to narrow down the target audience for this product and will consequentially ensure that the product becomes known to potential consumers who fit this need.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron! I could definitely identify as someone who is outside the boundary for your service. I don’t drive myself, but do ride public transportation and carpool with friends. These are all great potential alternatives that you mentioned in your table! While I may not drive or own a vehicle, developing an automated breaking device for public transportation vehicles would be a great idea! Great job on identifying consumers outside the boundary!

    ReplyDelete