You- My name is Aaron Hunt, and I am studying business administration at the University of Florida. I have had prior exposure to the business and entrepreneur environments through my father and hypothesize that the need for my product exists.
What are you offering to customers?- A password protected, climate controlled lockbox that can be placed inside of a refrigerator to ensure only the owner of the box can access the food, preventing others from stealing the owners food.
Who are you offering it to?- Individuals who live in households with multiple other relatives, Individuals who work in an office space with a shared refrigerator, and college students who live in dorm rooms with roommates.
Why do they care?- People who have experienced the frustration of returning home to relax and enjoy their leftover food from the day before, or workers who go to retrieve their lunch from the office refrigerator only to find it missing would have a desire to ensure this frustration does not continue in the future.
What are your core competencies?- While there are other methods to prevent the plundering of food such as placing sticky notes on the items none of these prevent others from taking the food regardless. By having a password protected lockbox it ensures that only the owner can gain access to the food.
Evaluation- While I do believe these elements fit well together there are weaknesses in the concept in the form of how the implementation of the password protected lock would be achieved and determining the size of the lockbox itself to ensure that it can fit inside a refrigerator while also allowing the protection of a sizable amount of food.
Hi! I think your idea is very unique and certainly helpful to a wide variety of people because this is addressing a problem most people have faced one way or another. It's also interesting how it's climate controlled because that way it guarantees your food stays fresh and protected as well.
ReplyDeleteHey! I think that this a great idea but I feel like there are other ways to achieve the end goal without needing your specific product. A normal lock box seems like it would suffice if placed in a fridge or freezer. Maybe trouble shoot that and see how you can make your product more desirable to a consumer. But great idea!
ReplyDelete