#1: Selected Opportunity: The problem I have identified in the previous assignments was that many motorists become distracted while driving resulting in potential destruction of property and in some cases loss of life. This is an epidemic that has plagued the country for many years and deaths related to distracted driving continue to rise year after year seemingly without an end in sight. Currently there do not seem to be any solutions to this problem.
#2: The Product: My solution to this issue is a device that could be mounted on the dashboard or hood of any current or future automobile that could sense when a collision is imminent and automatically begin to stop the vehicle. This could prevent many accidents by having the device begin braking in the event that the driver becomes distracted and is unaware of the incoming object in the road. However, in the previous assignment, 7A- Testing the Hypothesis Part 1, I discovered through interviewing potential customers that this device could solve a larger range of problems than I had initially anticipated such as providing a safety net to already safe drivers in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as an animal darting out in front of the road while driving through the wilderness, or helping drivers react while driving through tight, unpredictable spaces such as downtown, or a university campus. If this product were to become a success it could pave the way for safer streets and a much less stressful driving experience.
It's good to see you fleshing out your idea and getting a concrete product out there. I think that your idea could easily be implemented. The only issue would be training mechanics on how to install said device. I can definitely see the market for an item like this and think that it could do well.
ReplyDeleteThere's definitely an opportunity with connecting this type of system into older vehicles. As for newer vehicles, this wouldn't really be a marketable solution since nearly all new vehicles come equipped with this type of braking system. I suspect if people spend money on a new car and defer to take the automatic braking option, then they likely wouldn't spend any type of significant money on adding an aftermarket product.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete