Pick a segment- The segment for my product would be consumers of all ages who live in a multi-person household.
Three Interviews-
#1- Jack- My first interview was with Jack who lives with three other relatives in his household. After speaking with Jack and confirmed he does have this unmet need as he has constantly had his food stolen by his relatives. I spoke to Jack about what he does to prevent this and stated that he tries to hide his food in the back of the refrigerator, however this almost never works.
#2-Rebecca- My second interview was with Rebecca a worker in a nearby office building. I confirmed that Rebecca does indeed have issues with coworkers pilfering her food during her shifts, preventing her from having lunch. I spoke to her about what she does to prevent this and she stated that she tends to put sticky notes on her food, but that they always seem to "disappear".
#3- Matt- My third interview was with Matt, a student at the nearby USF campus who lives in a dorm room with a roommate. I confirmed with Matt that his roommate does indeed steal the food he leaves in the refrigerator. When asked how he tries to prevent this Matt stated that he tried purchasing a second mini refrigerator in the hopes that his roommate would leave it alone. They did not.
The Findings- It seems that the current means to prevent the pilfering of food are not very effective and lead to further scavenging of the food left in the refrigerator. This coincides with the interviews in previous assignments that seem to result in similar situations.
The Conclusion- The results from these interviews seem to echo my interviews in previous assignments wherein interviewees indicate that their chosen methods to prevent their food from being stolen have not proven effective. This seems to confirm my hypothesis that current means of preventing this issue do not work and a new solution is needed.
I like how the three people you interviewed are very different so it gives a good idea of how this problem affects people in several areas from school to work, to home. Also, it is good how you asked them all what ways they try to prevent this issue and how none of them work. It shows how successful your business idea could be.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ann that the varying backgrounds really helps to show that this is a universal issue. By expanding your interviewees to a wide breadth of people you're able to gather more usable information. I like what they said about how sticky notes and personal fridges doesn't seem to help I still don't see how a normal lockbox that isn't climate controlled wouldn't work. Or even locking the mini fridge. If you can trouble shoot that then I think that your product would be air-tight!
ReplyDelete