#1- Dan (Market Expert)- My first interview was with Dan, a manager at
Sears. Sears sells appliances and accessories such as refrigerators and
freezers with which my product would be compatible and could be stocked. I initiated
this interview by visiting the Sears in Tampa and asked to briefly speak with
the manager about this topic. During the interview I questioned Dan about which
appliances and accessories sell well and under what circumstances. This
information will help me gauge how well my product would do in an appliance
store environment.
#2- Lisa (Industry Expert)- My second interview was performed with
Lisa, the manager at Best Buy in Tampa. Best Buy specializes in selling
electronic devices such as the type of device my product would fall under. I
also conducted this interview by traveling to the nearby Best Buy and asking to
speak with the manager about this topic. Lisa provided me which very useful
information about how well accessory products sell compared to other devices
that I could use to gauge my products viability.
#3- Roger (Supplier)- For my final interview I spoke with Roger a customer
service representative for Allied Electronics- an electronics parts supplier. Unlike
the other interviews to contact Roger I called the Allied Electronics customer
service number and spoke with Roger about the potential cost for the
electronics materials such as the keypad to input the password on my device.
Roger provided me with valuable information about the price of these materials.
Hi Aaron,
ReplyDeleteWith the specificity of your various interviewed experts, it sounds like they were able to give you some valuable feedback in regard to different aspects of your proposed product such as pricing and even overall product aesthetic. Nice work to go out of your way to get the information needed to assess the characteristics of your idea napkin.
I agree and had a similar experience with this assignment, particularly with the reaching out to industry members, as I had not done that before either. I think you did a good job selecting the correct people for each description and starting a dialogue with them to gain valuable information to help you out in the future. Hopefully you gained good insight as to specifics on how to turn this into a real product.
ReplyDeleteHey Aaron,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was smart that you interviewed several individuals from various appliance and electronic stores. This definitely directly applies to your lockbox product. I also agree that this assignment was a bit different than the previous ones we have been assigned as we had to go out and network. I liked the questions you asked each person being interviewed and think you will be able to use the information you received.