#1- Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique:
#1: I believe I have a good work ethic and am always pushing myself to complete my assignments in a timely manner.
#2: I believe I am very tech-savvy and am able to adapt and troubleshoot issues with technology.
#3: I have very good communication skills and I am able to receive and project messages clearly.
#4: I am a very energetic person, I like to be active and perform my tasks with a good outlook.
#5: I like to motivate other and ensure that everyone around me is feeling happy.
#2- Interviews: (Note: I was unable to perform physical interviews due to the Corona virus being present in my town and was forced to contact my interviewees via phone and thus was unable to provide audio recordings of the interviews. I have provided brief summaries of the interviews I performed below.)
#1 Cody- My first interview was with my close friend Cody, who stated that he values my optimism and enjoys speaking with me.
#2 Charles- For my second interview I contacted my friend Charles who said that my positive outlook on life is very inspiring.
#3 Diana- For my third interview I spoke to my mother Diana and she stated that my knowledge of computers is very helpful as I usually help her through any issues she has with her computer or other technology.
#4 Jaycea- For my third interview I spoke with my friend Jaycea who said that positive outlook on life makes me a very easy person to talk to.
#5 David- For my final interview I contacted my friend David who stated he admires how I tend not to procrastinate on my work assignments.
#3- Reflection:
After performing these interviews it seems that the beliefs of my peers line up with my own beliefs of my human capital. Most of my interviewees stated that they value my positive outlook on life and how I always seem full of energy. These interviews have been very valuable to me as they validate my own beliefs that these are unique traits that are worth noting in my human capital.
Hi Aaron!
ReplyDeleteI found this assignment to be very interesting and found that reading other's findings interesting as well. It's always exciting to see how others view you and even better when you find commonalities in how you view yourself and how others view you as well. Great work!
Hi Aaron,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job breaking up the distinct aspects of your human capital. Especially when comparing your initial reflection with the responses with the interviewees, it’s great that you were able to have an alignment between the two portions of the assignment. I hope they help you moving forward in the scoping out of the business plan.
Hey Aaron,
ReplyDeleteThis assignment was so neat, I loved reading what people thought their human capital was and then comparing it to what their close friends and family said. I also agree, the beliefs of the people you interviewed do closely match up with what you wrote about yourself. It is great that people said you have a positive outlook as this is important, especially in entrepreneurship when times can get tough, but the people that are positive will push through and succeed.