Tuesday, January 28, 2020

3A - My Entrepreneurship Story

My exposure to the world of entrepreneurship originates from my father Roy Hunt who has owned and operated a franchise of ServiceMaster Clean for many years. Due to this exposure I have received some knowledge of the entrepreneurship process prior to this class. Although I did not understand most of the details at the time due to my lack of knowledge on the subject my father would keep me up to date on the various business operations that the franchise entitled such as managing contracts and supply chain management and would occasionally take me with him to job sites and to meetings so that I could experience what operating a business is really like. 

These experiences in entrepreneurship have helped me develop a thorough interest in the subject and have motivated me to pursue a career in the business field so that I may one day fulfill a managerial role in the workplace and put these experiences and the knowledge I receive about the business world from this class to use within an organization.

Despite my exposure to entrepreneurship and my interest in the subject I enrolled in ENT3003 mainly because the class is a required course for the General Studies major in the UF Online BSBA program. However, I am thoroughly enjoying this course so far and am very much  looking forward to learning more about the entrepreneurship processes that I did not fully comprehend when I was exposed to the business processes of ServiceMaster Clean.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Aaron, It is inspiring to see that your foundation in entrepreneurship is because of a family member. It’s always helpful to have someone close to you help you achieve your professional goals and it even makes it more fun. I found it interesting that you went to the meetings and got to see very up close and personal how businesses operate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron! I'm responding to your blog because I too wrote about my dad! It's awesome that through your dad, not only did you learn about hard work ethic but you also gained knowledge about running a business and what managerial duties look like!

    ReplyDelete